Why this group?
An academic career is challenging for anyone, and is filled with uncertainty and a lot of work. Starting and managing a family during these intense years, that require great devotion of time and energy to plan, conduct and publish your research, makes the situation for young scientists even more challenging.
Please join us for an exciting exchange with your peers and a diverse group of professors on how to meet the high-level demands of an academic career and a healthy family life.
We aim to learn from each other and to collect concrete best practice examples for typical and frequently arising questions from parents in academia, such as:
- Who stays home when a child gets ill?
- How to manage important academic and private appointments?
- How to manage attending conferences abroad?
- Given the scarcity of female role models - how to cope with pressure and potentially negative comments from family, friends and others?
- Krippe, Nanny, Granny - what is/is there a „best“ form of childcare?
First Meeting in 2017
The first meeting has taken place. More meetings will follow.
LocationUZH City Campus Rämistrasse 74 RAI-F-041
Time and Date
22 June 2017, 11.30 am - 01.30 pm
- Carolin Strobl
- Torsten Hothorn
- Prof. Dr. Carolin Strobl, Departement of Psychology
- Tanja Neve-Seyfarth, Office for Gender Equality
Meetings in 2016
The group startet in 2016 with three meetings. You can download the best practices that resultet from the 2016 group as a pdf in the teaserbox.