First Lunch Talk
When: 18 April 2018
Where: ETH Zürich, room LEE E101
Time: 12:00 –13:00h
Dr. Roger Gfrörer
What do I need to know to apply to a job in the industry?
- Information and discussion about Career Readiness (Sandwiches and refreshments will be provided)
- Introduction of the framework
- Presentation of tools to gain Career Readiness
- Discussion, questions and answers
Second Lunch Talk
LIFE-BALANCE AND ACADEMIC CAREERS
LecturersTanja Neve-Seyfarth/ Dr. Christiane Löwe, Office for Gender Equality UZH
Time and Location
Location: LEE E101 (ETH Zürich)
Time: 12:00 – 13:00
Balancing family life and an academic career often is a big and nowadays well known challenge. In 2016 the UZH signed the Charta "Family Life and Academia" in order to support all UZH members by means of specific infrastructures, instruments and - what is even more important - a family friendly culture. But it is not only the institution that should aim for being an optimal place to work. It is – or should be - also a task of each individual to negotiate suitable life balance guidelines at home. For the institution as well as for our private environment unconscious bias plays an important role when it comes to establish such appropriate instruments and a good life-balance culture.
(Sandwiches and refreshments will be provided)
Input and discussion by means of a Powerpoint Presentation
- Who can I address to in case of life balanced related questions within my institution/ outside the University?
- Infrastructures and instruments that are offered by the universities - specifically by the UZH – in order to help balancing your family- and your academic life
- Instruments that can help you communicate/ negotiate at home
- Essential/ crucial issues to think about when dealing with life balance