Sex and gender differences in immunity have been widely observed and recently highlighted with SARS-CoV-2 infection. However, due to gender bias in medical research, women have historically been under-represented in clinical studies.
This workshop will bring together experts to discuss the following subjects
- What are the mechanisms of sex and gender differences in immunity and how does that translate in autoimmune diseases?
- What are the evolutionary reasons for these differences?
- How do pregnancy and menopause modulate the immune response and what are the clinical consequences for women?
- How do hormone-microbiome interactions influence immunity?
- Dr. Chloé Pasin, Institute of Medical Virology, UZH
- Prof. Dr. Sebastian Bonhoeffer, Director of the Collegium Helveticum
- Prof. Dr. Roger Kouyos, Institute of Medical Virology, UZH
- Prof. Dr. Jessica Metcalf, Princeton University
The Collegium Helveticum is the joint Institute for Advanced Studies (IAS) of the ETH Zurich, the University of Zurich, and the Zurich University of the Arts.
Programm and registration
Please register before 24 April 2022.