swissuniversities Cooperation Project
“H.I.T. - High Potential University Leaders Identity & Skills Training Programme - Gender Sensitive Leaders in Academia” was launched as part of swissuniversities programme P-7 Equal opportunity and university development 2017-2020.
Projects within Module B foster collaborations between different types of higher education institutions.
All ten cantonal universities and the two federal technical universities of Switzerland are partners within the H.I.T. project. This concept of collaboration encourages innovative forms of networking and knowledge transfer between higher education institutions as well as strengthening the networks and empowerment of the program participants.
The H.I.T. program
- is designed as an exclusive, nationwide training program for excellent female professors
- provides extensive networking conditions throughout Switzerland
- includes 20 participants
- specific skills in academic leadership
- expert knowledge about the Swiss higher education system
- expertise in innovative, diversity-aware leadership
The first H.I.T. program is to conclude on 31 December 2020. The University of Zurich as leading house will draw from area-specific UZH expertise, such as the internal collaboration with CHESS. Moreover, H.I.T will benefit from key players’ knowledge of higher education institutions all over Switzerland.