WHO Cares? Researchers with kids-meeting group
Please join us for an exciting exchange with your peers and a diverse group of professors on how to meet the high-level demands of an academic career and a healthy family life. We aim to learn from each other and to collect concrete best practice examples for typical and frequently arising questions from parents in academia.
First meeting in 2018
The first meeting took place on 24 May 2018.
Second meeting in 2018
The second meeting took place on 4 October 2018.
Download Flyer: The two meetings in 2018
Why this group?
An academic career is challenging for anyone, and is filled with uncertainty and a lot of work. Starting and managing a family during these intense years, that require great devotion of time and energy to plan, conduct and publish your research, makes the situation for young scientists even more challenging.
We aim to learn from each other and to collect concrete best practice examples for typical and frequently arising questions from parents in academia, such as:
- Who stays home when a child gets ill?
- How to manage important academic and private appointments?
- How to manage attending conferences abroad?
- Given the scarcity of female role models - how to cope with pressure and potentially negative comments from family, friends and others?
- Krippe, Nanny, Granny - what is/is there a „best“ form of childcare?
Download: Best Practices
You can download the best practices that resultet from the 2016 group.
Past meetings 2016-2107
The group startet in 2016 with three meetings. In 2017 there was one meeting.