Gender Equality Commission (GEC)
The Gender Equality Commission (GEC) promotes gender equality at all levels of the University of Zurich (UZH).
The GEC was established in 1991 and is an academic commission of UZH. The Commission convenes four times per year, generally at the end of February, May, September and November.
The President of the GEC, Prof. Dr. Tatiana Crivelli Speciale, represents the Commission on the Extended Executive Board of the University. The Office for Gender Equality and Diversity at UZH acts as the coordinating office for the Commission.
The responsibilities of the GEC are:
- Advising the Executive Board of the University and the Extended Executive Board of the University on the implementation of the Gender Policy Code of Conduct
- Developing strategic priorities for the effective implementation of equal opportunities at UZH
- Developing measures with the aim of achieving a balanced representation of women and men in academia
- Initiating and implementing gender equality projects
- Supporting and evaluating introduced measures
- Organizing events and supporting university events
- Providing consultation on equality issues
- Consulting with the Executive Board of the University and the Extended Executive Board of the University on gender and equality issues.
- Providing information on decisions of the GEC to the bodies that the GEC members represent